Monday, January 26, 2009

What's your platform?




In case you missed it, a new Miss America was crowned over the weekend. One new thing they tried this year was talking to the contestants.... right after they were eliminated... in the Elimination Lounge. In any case, after she was eliminated, through her tears, yet always with a smile, each contestant would describe her platform (her cause).


So I began thinking... what is my platform, my cause? Sure I have things that I am passionate about, but what is that truly gets at me? I'll start here : children. I love the kids! But it eats me up to see them mistreated and/or harmed in anyway. You know those Feed the Children infomercials they show late at night? I just want to adopt all of them!! I'm the same way with my students. You'd be amazed at the conditions some of our young people live in. I just want to take them all home with me!


Now where do I go from here?


Maybe I'll start here. It has a funny name, but it will do a world of good for these kids!


But, on the inverse, I want to help stop childhood obesity. My next step is to find out how.


What is your platform?

No comments:

Post a Comment