Saturday, January 17, 2009

Keeping it Sexy... at all times


My goal for 2008 was to "Bring Sexy Back". I lost 40 pounds (about 25 more to go!) and began to pay more attention to my outer appearance (makeup, hair etc.), in addition to my inner appearance (Thoughts have power!!). So, I think I accomplished a lot in that aspect. I'm looking and feeling all right these days!

But here comes the hard part... keeping it sexy. And for my husband's sake, at all times. He mentioned to me the other day, "I'd like to see you (at home) as the world sees you." At first, of course, I got a tiny bit mad. What the hell did he mean? Am I ugly at home? Then I really thought about it. He may be on to something here. Ok, during the work week, I wear wigs. I love my fabulous wigs. Instant fabu!! My face is done (to the best of my ability). As soon as I get home, the wig goes off. Under the wig my hair is either in braids or twists pulled back in a ponytail. Then I slap a satin cap on or wrap my hair up in a satin scarf. And the makeup eventually gets wiped off. I then change into my sweats, for I work out in the afternoons/evenings. I'd gotten a bit lazy with my hair as of late, and soon began wearing the wigs on the weekends, even though I told myself I'd have my hair out on the weekends.

So, he may have a point. I want my hair protected, so I braid and/or twist it up. I also wrap it up in a scarf, which I'm sure is oh so sexy. I want to keep up with my fitness efforts. But I'm at a loss. How do I keep it sexy?

2 comments:

  1. maybe breaking the monotony. i can understand you wanting to protect your hair...i feel your pain. perhaps getting a new wig that you only wear for him. something fun that allows you to protect your hair and do something different for him. perhaps even on the nights before u know that you are going to wash/treat your hair, sleep without a scarf. i mean, you are going to do your hair the next day anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. just sleep on a satin pillow case instead.
    hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new wig idea. Maybe I'll break a new one out for V-day. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete