Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My rollerset!



OMG! I went to a salon! I can't tell you the last time I went to a salon! It has been forever! Maybe since I've been natural! Let me tell you about this experience though....

So I arrive at this place, @ 4pm, sandwiched between a antique store and an insurance place.


  • I walk in, very friendly receptionist (PLUS!!). I sign in, indicating I want a rollerset. I'm given a slip of paper with my name on it and told to go sit in the waiting room.

  • After about 30 minutes (MINUS!!), my number.. yes my NUMBER is called. I'm shown to the sink. I inform the washer girl that I want a rollerset, and under my wig I'm wearing cornrows. "Oh, we charge extra to take down your hair" (MINUS!!) So, I tell her that's ok, I'll take out my own cornrows.

  • Then she shampoos my LOOSE hair.. (PLINES!!)Yes, PLINUS... Plus because it's been forever since my scalped has been scratched that good. Minus for washing my hair loose. I normally wash my hair after I've detangled and put in Celie plaits. Washing loose is a disaster!! Tangle city!

  • After washing, she places a baggie on my head and ushers me back to the waiting room to.... wait. During this time, my hair is drying.. I could just feel it! (MINUS)

  • Almost 40 minutes later (Minus!!) a stylist comes to get me. When she takes off the plastic bag she goes.."0000"... Not "OH" mind you, but "ooo" similar to "eww" (Double MINUS)

  • She then proceeds to start combing from the root with a small toothed comb. "I grab her hand and say "Could you use a wide toothed comb, please?" (SUPER MINUS!)

  • She eventually realizes that my hair needs moisture and adds mousse and rolls my hair.

  • I'm under the dryer, maybe an hour ( I secretly think she just wanted to go home).

But all in all, I'm ok with the results! Hey you can't beat sitting back and letting someone else do your hair for $10.00. And guess what?

I'm going back next Monday.






2 comments:

  1. I so wanna know where you went and had all that done for $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A place called Suite 20 Salon in Decatur. Close to where I work, so I figured, what the heck!

    ReplyDelete