Sunday, March 15, 2009

Living deliberately

Hey honey!


A few months ago, a very good friend of mine stated in her facebook status that she wanted to live deliberately. I liked that statement so much, that I incorporated it into my New Year's Resolutions for '09. Funny things was, I couldn't put into words what it meant at the time, but it resonated with me. But, I think I'm ready now to tackle it's meaning. What exactly does it mean to live deliberately?

It’s an anthem for conscious choice about the life I want live each day. How do I want to live? I want to be present, authentic, courageous, creative and experience joy, love,and pure happiness. I want my values to be reflected in the way I spend my time and in the interactions I have with others.



To live deliberately, (to me), means to get off of the sidelines of your life, refusing to just let things happen. Being proactive! Being authentic (I love that word!)


I want to pursue what brings joy in my life. I want this feeling of freedom, bliss. I want to be true to myslf, loving and honoring me. I want to live deliberately!

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I wanted to live deep and suck all the marrow of life…” –Henry David Thoreau–



Live your life!

2 comments:

  1. Did I say this? It so sounds like something I would say as it's one of my favorite quotes! So often we become consumed with life that we forget to simply live.

    ReplyDelete