Monday, May 11, 2009

Don't sleep on the Twist N' Curl

Hey honey!

The twist N' Curl style popularized by CurliNikki is saving my relationship with my hair. You know I'd spent much of 2008 and the first 3 months of 2009 in my wigs. I still love those! When I meet someone that is considering going natural, transitioning, or newly natural, my first bit of advice to them is to play with your hair. Try all the fun styles you come accross and find a signature one. Time I started taking my own advice, you think?

So when I came across the Twist N' Curl style, the old me that love to experiment was screaming to come out. So I tried it. In the last month and some change, I've worn my hair 'out' every day. Even to work! I know! I've styled my hair this way the majority of the time. So, I've been able to tweak the process and find what works best for me.

Don't worry, I'll share it with you! And I've recently found this style can last 3-4 days.

1. I wash my hair
2. Two strand twist it up using Q'hemet's heavy cream and setting lotion/water.
3. Set each twist on a flexirod (with IC sparklites gel) (I use blue ones in the back, and orange everywhere
else.
4. Sit under my hooded dryer at least an hour. Most times I'll go to bed after this with the rods in
5. In the morning, Take out the rollers, untwist and go!

I don't sepearate the curls too much until day 2. And then it's only a few. I'll separate a few more each day. So by day 4, I have super big hair, which I love!

Check out the progression of the style below...

Day 1 (well end of day 1)


Day 2 ( of a new twist and curl 'do)

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY for the new background! Which day are we on now? Let's see some progression lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know... I'm actually on a whole new twist and curl 'do

    ReplyDelete